SPEECH & LANGUAGE APPS
Why use apps to improve speech and language skills?
- Tablets and phones are motivating! Studies have shown that children are more motivated to interact with an electronic device than they are by paper-and-pencil activities.
- Many apps offer free or "lite" versions so programs can be sampled before making a more expensive purchase.
- Apps provide an opportunity for parents and their children to spend time together while reinforcing education at home.
- Regardless of a child's age or ability level, tablets make information accessible through voice or touch.
- Apps can be easily incorporated into playing, reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and more!
- For students working on their articulation skills, many apps allow recording of a child's productions. This helps with comparing progress later, as well as providing the child a chance to self-evaluate.
- Apps are cost and time saving. They are generally cheaper than purchasing books or other materials, easier to access, and they help save the environment.
- Most apps can be adapted to different levels to meet your child's specific needs.
- As technology continues to expand within the educational setting, electronic devices and apps provide students with access to the Internet and all of the great technological resources that are available in that context.
- Many apps facilitate literacy development, a key factor in determining a child's academic success!
Articulation Flip Book
Small Talk Phonemes
Webber Photo Artic Castle