The Long Beach Island School District has a dedicated phone line for LBI parents to call about any transportation concerns.
Please contact Barbara Sargeant, Transportation Coordinator, at 732-244-0296.
Stafford Choice Parents please call 609-978-5700 ext. 1062.
Bus Conduct and Safety
The bus driver is in full charge of the school bus at all time and is responsible for order; passengers must obey the driver promptly and respectfully. The rights of pupils to ride o the bus are conditional, requiring good behavior and observance of bus rules.
Permanent bus stops will be designated every fourth block in accordance with the student population. Students should be on time at the designated bus stops. No child should stand in the roadway while waiting for the bus. Children should observe safety rules when walking to and from bus stops and conduct themselves in a safe and orderly manner while waiting for the buses. Crowding and pushing when entering and exiting buses are prohibited. A child should not approach a bus at the loading zone until the bus has come to a complete stop, nor enter or exit the bus when it is in motion. Children will only be picked up and discharged on the side of the Boulevard, Central Avenue or Barnegat Avenue on which they live. Crossing these streets will not be permitted unless an adult is there to accompany the child at the time of arrival of the bus. Several other important transportation regulations should be discussed with your child:
1. Students should go immediately to their assigned seat on the bus and remain there until the bus reaches its destination.
2. Keep arms and other parts of the body inside the bus at all times.
3. Assist in keeping the bus safe and clean; respect and protect its furniture and equipment.
4. Loud talking or excessive noise on the bus is prohibited as this kind of confusion distracts the driver who must concentrate on the road.
5. Any damage to the bus should be reported immediately to the driver.
6. In case of a road emergency, remain in your seat until instructions are given by your driver.
7. Keep the aisles clear.
8. Be courteous and responsible passengers.
9. Do not open or close windows without the permission of the driver.
10. Never throw any article from a bus window.
11. For safety reasons, live animals and large items such as skateboards, surfboards, etc are not permitted on the bus.
12. On all buses equipped with seat belts, students are required to buckle-up and remain buckled until ready to depart the bus.